Dr. Harshavardhan K Hegde M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ortho.) is a Consultant-Spine Surgery & Orthopedics. He specializes in Spinal surgeries, Arthoplasty, & Trauma. He has been trained on all complex surgeries of spine in Germany & UK as well as advanced training in Arthroplasty in the UK. He has number of publications, research papers to his credit.
He has numerous complex spinal surgeries to his credit like Scoliotic corrections, Disc Replacements (both cervical and lumbar), Instrumentation for low back problems including spondylolisthesis, surgeries for infections like Tuberculosis of the Spine etc. He has done over 2500 knee and hip replacement surgeries both primary and revision.
Procedures Done by Dr Harshavardhan K Hegde: Revision Knee Replacement, Revision Hip Surgeries, Cervical Disc Arthroplasty and many more.
M.B.B.S. – 1982, Baroda Medical College, Gujarat
M.S. (Orthopedics) – 1987, Baroda Medical College, Gujarat
TRAINING (RESIDENCIES AND FELLOWSHIPS):
August 1994 – January 1996: Sr. Registrar in Orthopedics at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, Bucks, U.K (ODTS Oxford Rotation).
February 1996 – January 1997: Spine Fellow at Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, Oxford, U.K.
July 2001 – December 2001: Spine Fellow at Klinikum Karlsbaad, Langenteinbach, Germany
- Professor & Head of Orthopaedics at Pramukh Swami Medical College, Karamsad, Gujarat
- Consulting Orthopedics Surgery at Bhailal Amin General Hospital, Baroda, Gujarat Consultant Orthopedics, Artemis, Gurgaon
- Senior Consultant, Spine Surgery & Orthopedics, Max Health Care, New Delhi & Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science & Research.
- Senior Consultant Orthopedics & Spine & Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Senior Consultant & Director in Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Spine Fellow at Klinikum Karlsbaad, Langenteinbach, Germany from July 2001 to Dec 2001.
- Spine Fellow at Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital, Oxford, U.K. from Feb 96 to Jan 97.
- Sr.Registrar in Orthopedics at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, Bucks, U.K from Aug 94 to Jan 96 (ODTS Oxford Rotation).
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty
- Lumbar Disc Arthroplasty
- Cranio Verterbral Decompression, Fusion & Fixations
- Upper Cervical Posterior Decompression & Instrumentation
- Anterior Decompression & Fixations at various levels of the Cervical Spine
- Posterior Decompression of the Cervical Spine
- Anterior Decompression & Instrumentation of Cervico-Thoracic junction
- Anterior and Posterior Thoracic Instrumentation
- Scoliotic Corrections, Anterior, Posterior and both
- Lumbar Decompression & Instrumentation (PLIF & TLIF) Lumbar Anterior Decompression & Fixations
Joint Arthroplasty Surgery:
- Rotating Platform Artificial Knee Replacement
- Hi-Flex Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Cemented & Uncemented Surface Replacement
- Revision Hip Surgeries
- ATLS trained graudate
- Extensive use of AO Principles for all varieties of Trauma including pelvic and Complex joint involving fractures
- Complex joint involving fractures
- Fractures with extensive open injuries
- The Indian Orthopedic Association
- The Delhi Orthopedic Association
- GMC, U.K
- Girdlestone Orthopedic Society, U.K
- Indian Association of Spine Surgeons
- The Gujarat Orthopedic Association
- Ahmedabad Orthopedic Association
- Gujarat Spine Society
- Computer Assisted Arthroplasty Course Melbourne, Australia – March 2007
- Disc Replacement – Newer Techniques Memphis, USA – January 2006
- Elevating Medical Practice – Spinal Surgery Melbourne, Australia – September 2004
- Workshop on Disc Replacement SurgeriesGold Coast, Australia – September 2004
- Newer Advances in Spinal Surgery Budapest, Hungary – May 2003
- Big Time Spine Conference Geneva. Switzerland. May 2000
- Indian Orthopaedic Association Annual Conference – Hyderabad 1999
- SICOT – Sydney Australia 1999
- Indian Orthopaedic Association Annual Conference – Cochin 1998
- Indian Assn of Spinal SurgeonsAnn Conference – Hyderabad 1999
- Spinal Conference Queens Hospital, Nottingham. UK
- AO Advance Course – 1998 N. Delhi
- Intl. Impaction Bone – Grafting Conference East Surrey Hospital, UK – June 1995
- AO Basic Course London, UK – June 1995
- ATLS (Provider) Norwich, UK – February 1995
- Charnley Revision Hip Surgery MeetWritington, UK – January 1995
- Adv Course – Ilizarov External Fixation Bombay, India – January 1994
- Automated Percutaneous Lumbar Discectomy Workshop Madras, India – January 1994
- Basic Course – Ilizarov External FixationBombay, India – January 1993
- GME On External Fixation Bombay, India – April 1991
- Workshop on PLIF, Plates and Screws Bombay, India – October 1990
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- A study of 40 subtrochantric fractures treated with DHS and plate
- Anterior decompression, fusion and fixation in cervical spinal tuberculosis
- If calcitonin is an effective method for the treatment of neurogenic claudication due to degenerative spinal canal stenosis